Portland Local 8 FCU
Union Members and Their Families
United to Achieve Financial Success
Welcome to the online home of Portland Local 8 Federal Credit Union! Please take some time to look around and see why so many people choose us to be their primary financial institution.
You’ll find Portland Local 8 Federal Credit Union’s services, along with a knowledgeable staff, can provide you and your family with the tools needed to achieve financial wellbeing.
At Portland Local 8 Federal Credit Union we offer personalized financial service to our family of credit union members. Our mission is to provide a welcoming atmosphere while striving to become our members’ primary financial institution. We offer competitive loan rates and dividends on deposits and will continue to evaluate and expand our services to meet our members’ needs, as well as provide education on financial issues.
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, we are owned, controlled, and operated for the benefit of our members. Our Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and each member’s deposits are backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government to at least $250,000.
Field of Membership
- Class A, Class B, and Class C members of Locals 8, 28, 40, and 92, of the ILWU’s Union in Portland, Oregon, who work for Pacific Maritime Association;
- Employees of Locals 8, 28, 40, and 92 of the ILWU’s Union in Portland, Oregon, who work for the Pacific Maritime Association;
- Traveling Class A and Class B Union Members and Employees of the International Longshoremen’s and Warehousemen Union;
- Employees of Powell’s Book store ILWU Local 5
- Employees and Union Members of the Oregon AFL-CIO who work in Portland, Oregon;
- Employees of the Portland Terminal Railroad Company, its concessionaires and employees of the concessionaires, and employees of the Pullman Company who work in or are paid from Portland, Oregon;
- Employees of the Western Union Telegraph Company and the Travelers Aid Society who work in Union Station, Portland, Oregon;
- Employees of Trans- Continental Freight Bureau who work in or have headquarters in the Portland Terminal Railroad Company Building in Portland, Oregon;
- Employees of Amtrak who work in the Portland Terminal Railroad Company Building or who are in train service and based in Portland, Oregon;
- Employees of Burlington Northern, Inc., and of its subsidiaries, whether partially or wholly-owned or leased, who work in Portland, Oregon;
- Members of record of the NPT Employees Federal Credit Union as of the effective date of this merger;
- Employees of this credit union, members of their immediate families, and organizations of such persons.
Who We Are
Brook Hamilton, CEO
Rod O'Hearn, Board of Director Chair
Brian Harvey, Board of Director Vice Chair
Paul Phillips, Board of Director Secretary Treasurer
Greg Nemyre, Board of Director
John Farr, Board of Director
Kane Ahuna, Board of Director
Kelly West, Board of Director and Supervisory Committee Member
Yvonne Inserra, Supervisory Committee Chair