Portland Local 8 FCU is owned by its members and is run by the Board of Directors that you have elected.
You can be confident that your privacy is a top priority of this credit union.
We are required by law to give you this notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal
We are committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial
needs, which necessitates that we share information about you to complete your transactions and to
provide you with certain financial opportunities. In order to do so, we have entered into agreements with
other companies that provide either services to us or additional financial products for you to consider.
Under these agreements, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described below, to
companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with
whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with
companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information that
we provide to them.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- The Portland Local 8 FCU mobile banking app periodically collects, transmits, and uses
geolocation information to support features that prevent fraudulent card use and alerts, but only
if you expressly authorize collection of such information. You may choose whether geolocation
information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background, only while the app is
being used, or not at all. You can change your location permissions at any time in your device
- The Portland Local 8 FCU mobile banking app may collect personal information from you, such
as your first and last name, address, e-mail, User IDs, telephone number, and social security
number when you create an account and use the app. This information could include contacts
(e.g. to make P2P (peer to peer) payments using Zelle or other payments functionality). We will
collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services,
including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification,
verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms such as your name, address,
social security number, assets, and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your account
balance, payment history, parties to transactions, and credit card usage.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your credit worthiness and
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our members and former members to anyone, except as permitted by law.
CATEGORIES OF AFFILIATES & NON-AFFILIATED PARTIES TO WHOM INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
Financial service providers, such as mortgage bankers and insurance agents. We may also disclose, and
do make disclosures of nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above to companies that perform marketing services on
our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
POLICIES & PRACTICES TO PROTECT CONFIDENTIALITY & SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know
that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and
procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal
RELEASE OF INFORMATION POLICY
It is the policy of the Portland Local 8 FCU to protect both personal and financial information about our
members. All documents no longer required to be maintained, and which contain any personal or
financial information about the credit union or its members, must be shredded. It is the policy of this
credit union to refuse to share personal information about our members, with only a few exceptions:
- We will provide loan payment history information to credit reporting services.
- We will provide loan payment history information to another credit union if, in the opinion of
management, this information is substantially the same as in item (a) above, and when the
identity of the requesting party is clearly known.
- We will verify funds to third parties, as this is in the interest of our members (although actual
balances are never provided)
- Police, lawyers, and other persons or agencies which seem to have a legal claim to information
will generally not be provided with this information without a written order and/or authorization
from our attorney. If the point is unclear, permission should be obtained from management.
- Verification of deposit requests from another financial institution will be released only with
signed member authorization.
- Payoff figures to third parties will be released only with member authorization.
- Account balance information will be released only to a person named on the account as owner or
- We will not release this information to anyone else, no matter how closely related to the member,
without prior authorization from the member to do so.