Portland Local 8 FCU Is Now Your First Line of Defense against Identity Theft
Think it is someone else’s problem? Think Again.
Identity Theft affects millions of Americans every year and is consistently the number one complaint to the FTC. The ever-increasing desire for mobile technology puts personally identifiable information at risk every day. And, with more than 30 different types of identity theft reported to the Federal Trade Commission every year, being prepared is fast becoming a necessity. What would your next step be if any of the following happened to you:
- A skimmer at a gas station steals your credit card information and duplicates are sent all over the state
- A thief impersonates you to apply for a new loan or credit card
- A felon commits a crime and uses your name and information when apprehended
- Your child’s social security number becomes compromised and the thief creates an entirely new identity, severely affecting your child’s financial future
To learn more about the growing problem of identity theft, and to learn how to protect yourself and your family against its devastating effects, visit http://pdx8fcu.merchantsinfo.com.
How is Portland Local 8 FCU helping with this growing problem? All of Portland Local 8 FCU’s accountholders are eligible for these services. Should you experience a compromise of your personal information, contact Portland Local 8 FCU’s for assistance immediately! In addition, if a family member is experiences an identity fraud event, they are covered too! These benefits extend to cover up to three generations of your family. Eligible family members include:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Dependents under age 25 with the same permanent address — even if they are in college or the military
- Any other IRS qualified dependents
- Parents with the same permanent address — living at home or in elder care (nursing home, assisted living, hospice, etc.)
Plus, all covered family members are covered up to 12 months after death – an important feature as this type of identity fraud is very common.
As an added service, we have arranged for these professional identity theft research and recovery benefits to extend beyond just accounts with us to cover all types of identity theft — this includes both financial and non- financial fraud, such as:
- Medical fraud
- Bank and credit card fraud
- Government documents and benefits fraud
- Employment fraud
- Phone and utilities fraud
- And many more
Website Subscription Strategy – Companion Strategy
Want even more protection?
We want to ensure that all of our accountholders have access to the very best in identity fraud protection services and so Portland Local 8 FCU also offers an additional way to obtain coverage. Our new identity fraud protection website provides important facts and tips regarding identity theft and a direct purchase opportunity of a benefits package boasting of comprehensive, essential services! These packages are available for all accountholders, including those who may not already have identity fraud protection available through their checking account with Portland Local 8 FCU.
Packages may contain:
- 1 or 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring with up to daily alerts regarding changes to your credit files
- Internet Monitoring of 50 credentials over non-indexed, black market sites
- Credential Vault storage of up to 50 credentials of the accountholder’s choosing
- And more!
Visit http://pdx8fcu.merchantsinfo.com for more information and to purchase one of the available packages today!
How does Fully Managed Identity Research, Remediation and Recovery help me? If you suspect identity theft, or if your personal information becomes compromised as a result of a lost purse or wallet, a break-in, lost laptop, data breach, or other event, we can help! Simply contact Portland Local 8 FCU, and a representative will securely submit your case. A personal Fraud Specialist will be assigned to your case and will contact you directly by phone.
Your dedicated professional Fraud Specialist will complete the legwork to research and remediate all identity fraud incidents and restore your identity to a pre-event status – to your satisfaction no matter how long it takes!
Depending on your identity fraud incident, these efforts may include:
- Working with you to identify fraudulent activity, including credit report review (if appropriate) and conduct additional research to determine the extent of the fraud.
- Place fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus.
- Assist you in completing an Identity Theft Affidavit and Declaration of Fraud to establish your rights as a victim.
- Activate complimentary credit monitoring, if applicable, during your recovery to help you watch for
- additional signs of abuse.
- Contact the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, Department of Motor Vehicles, and more, as applicable, to address any misuse of official documentation of your identity.
- Research and document all fraudulent transactions and false accounts or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc.
- Follow up to make sure wrongful activity is expunged from your records.
- Work with local and federal law enforcement to try to stop the criminal or criminals who are using your identity.
- Enlist other members of the recovery team to assist when necessary, including professional investigators and legal advisors.
- Provide 12 months of personal follow-up and complimentary credit monitoring, if applicable, after your recovery is complete — to be sure you stay recovered!
Are you already working with a Fraud Specialist?
Click here http://pdx8fcu.merchantsinfo.com to log into your personal Identity Care Account and view details and status of your recovery. Don’t forget that your personal Fraud Specialist is available to answer any questions or concerns you might have during your Recovery!
Stolen Wallet? Lost Purse? Misplaced Birth Certificate?
Don’t worry! Lost Document Replacement services are included in your identity fraud protection benefits. Should you lose, misplace or have stolen an important document or credential, a Fraud Specialist will help you replace them. This service covers credit cards, licenses, and other government issued documents, just to name a few. Remember – a lost or stolen document is a compromised credential which could lead to your identity being stolen. Call Portland Local 8 FCU at 503-223-9306 or visit http://pdx8fcu.merchantsinfo.com to learn more.
Terms for Identity Recovery Services
- Services are provided to eligible consumers as part of a group services agreement (“Group Plan”) and will be extended to all consumer accounts at the discretion of Portland Local 8 FCU and may be cancelled upon 30 days’ notice to the consumer.
- Services extend to all consumer accounts and their spouse or domestic partner, dependents up to age 25 with the same permanent address (including students and military), any IRS-qualified dependents, and parents of the consumer with the same permanent address or in an elder care facility (nursing home, assisted living, or hospice). The services continue to provide coverage for up to 12 months after death.
- Services have no cash equivalent, are non-transferable, and non-cancelable (except in the event of termination of the Group Plan).
- Provider Services do not cover financial losses of any kind arising from the identity theft.
- Eligibility for recovery services is based on ID theft events that are discovered and reported to Portland Local 8 FCU on or after the effective date of the Group Plan.
- Identity Theft is defined as fraud that involves the use of a consumer’s name, address, Social Security number, bank or credit/debit card account number, or other identifying information without the knowledge of the consumer, and such information is used to commit fraud or other crimes.
- Recovery Services may be refused or terminated if it is deemed that the consumer or eligible family member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan. Services will not be refused or terminated due to the complexity of a case.
- Portland Local 8 FCU and/or its service provider of the identity theft recovery services cannot be held responsible for failure to provide or for delay in providing services when such failure or delay is caused by conditions beyond its control.
- NXG AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS DO NOT PROVIDE CREDIT COUNSELING OR REPAIR TO CREDIT THAT HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED BY FRAUD OR IDENTITY THEFT.
- Services are only available to residents of the United States. Identity recovery is only performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territories where U.S. law applies.
- Services are provided by Merchants Information Solutions, Inc., www.merchantsinfo.com, or an alternate Service Provider selected at the sole discretion of Portland Local 8 FCU.