Become a Member
If you thought you couldn't join Portland Local 8 Federal Credit Union, think again. Portland Local 8 Federal Credit Union serves all members and family members of the following:
- International Longshore and Warehouse Union Locals 8, 28, 40, 92
- International Longshore and Warehouse Union Local 8 casuals
- The Inlandboatmen's Union
- Employees of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union Locals 8, 28, 40, 92
- Employees of the Oregon AFL-CIO
- Employees of the Portland Terminal Railroad Company, its concessionaires and employees of the concessionaires
- Employees of the Pullman Company who work in or are paid from Portland, Oregon
- Employees of Trans-Continental Freight Bureau who work in or have headquarters in the Portland Terminal Railroad Company Building in Portland, Oregon
- Employees of Amtrak who work or are in train service and based in Portland, Oregon
- Employees of Burlington Northern, Inc., and its subsidiaries, whether partially or wholly-owned or leased, who work in Portland, Oregon
Employees of the following companies who work in Portland, Oregon:
- Adams & Faith Photography
- Allstate Insurance Company - Heidi Doebel
- Capriotti & Associates International Law
- Cook Development Corporation
- Gales Creek Insurance Services, Inc.
- Joe's Cellar
- North 40 Productions
- On Track Business Service
- Rosenfeld Associates
- Wild Bill's
- Wilf's Restaurant
- Classic Chauffeur
- Lancaster Engineering
Employees of the following groups who work in the specified location:
- May Awning and Patio, Portland, OR
Members of the following associational groups:
- Voting members of the Oregon Association of Railway Passengers aka Association of Oregon Rail and Transit Advocates in Portland, Oregon who qualify for membership
- Members of the Pacific Railroad Preservation Association
- Members of record of the NPT Employees Federal Credit Union as of 12/1/2011
- Employees of this credit union; members of their immediate families and organizations of such persons
You might already know that there are many benefits to being a credit union member--such as low fees and loan rates, excellent member service, and democratic control.
We also offer encouragement and education about saving, and help in making sound personal financial decisions and habits. As a member-owner you'll also have the opportunity for your opinion to be heard and to vote for the board that guides how your credit union should be managed.
If you're interested in joining, stop in or call Portland Local 8 Federal Credit Union at (503)223-9306.
Why Join a Credit Union?
1. Credit unions are focused on people, not profits. Credit unions operate by a "people helping people" philosophy that is hard to find at many other financial institutions.
2. Credit unions exist to serve people--including people of modest means.
3. Financial education is available to all members. Credit unions help members become better-educated consumers of financial services.
4. As not-for-profit institutions, credit unions offer better rates on credit cards--up to three percentage points lower than the average bank card rate.
5. Credit unions are available in places where banks typically aren't, such as union halls.
6. As a member of a credit union, no matter how much money you have on deposit, you have an equal voice in how your credit union is run.
7. Superior service, convenience, and technology. Credit union members receive the service convenience of today's technology through telephone and online banking.